FPC Women's Ministry
Our Theme for 2021-2022
"May the God of hope fill you with joy and peace as
you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with
hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Romans 15:13 (ESV)
To see the Women of FPC flourish in Christ
First Presbyterian Church's Women's Ministry
is grounded in God's Word,
grows in the context of God's people and
ultimately glorifies Christ, our Savior and King.
The women of FPC will flourish in Christ and express our obedience to Him; through encountering God's Word in Bible studies and small groups, and through sitting under the preaching and proclamation of God's Word in corporate worship; by actively serving our FPC body and local community through partnerships with leaders and ministry groups within FPC; by loving one another well as sisters in Christ (Woman Care); through effective communications activities which connect the women of FPC; through biblically-grounded fellowship events which celebrate our identity in Christ
FPC Women's Ministry focuses on developing the women of FPC in ways that are grounded in the truth of God's Word. We value the systematic study of God's Word. We believe it is vital to seek the face of God through regular, disciplined prayer. We, as women in Christ, are uniquely and wonderfully made to serve the Lord. We celebrate our identity in Christ and seek to honor him with lives that reflect Christ. We are committed to developing a diverse and unified body of women who are committed to building relationships across the generations. Realizing that women's ministry is for women but not all about women, we believe in actively loving and serving our Church, our community, and the larger Church of Jesus Christ.
Please contact one of our directors for more information.
Margaret Crego ( ) and Emily Katherine Johnson ( )
1. Phyllis Pemerton: Ladies, have you ever wanted to lead a Bible study but just didn’t know how to get started? We are offering a 6-week Bible study on facilitating and teaching a women’s Bible study this summer. Phyllis Pemerton will be
teaching this series and providing helpful teaching tools and strategies. Classes will be held on Wednesday mornings (June 16-July 21) from 10am-11:30am. Please contact the church office to sign up.
2. Virginia Saunders & Katey Temple: Study of Philippians on Tuesday mornings at 9:30 am, beginning June 29 – July 27. Please contact the church office to sign up.
1. Amanda Davidson: Study on Isaiah (this is a year long study) - Tuesdays at 8 am and 1:30 pm (there is a Zoom link for this time for those who would like to attend virtually). Please contact the church office or Amanda ( ) directly if you are planning to attend. (Begins September 7)
2. Louise Hunt: Please look for more information to come.
Websites & Podcasts:
Circles: Until further notice we will not hold Morning or Evening Circles
1. Morning Circles meet the second Monday of the month in the homes of different women at 10:00 am. This is a very informal...coffee and tea may be served. This Circle began several years ago with much prayer and hope of bringing women of all ages into a relaxed, comfortable situation where they could get to know another as sisters in Christ. They are studying the book, The Greatest Words Ever Spoken, by Steven K. Scott. If you are interested in learning more about Morning Circles, please contact Carole Lawton at 706-291-7318.
2. Evening Circles meets at the church in the Fellowship Hall on the second Tuesday of the month at 6:30 pm. They will be studying, Two Minutes in the Bible Through Psalms: A 90 Day Devotional by Boyd Bailey and Mary Holcomb is the leader/teacher.
Re-watch Now: "Spring Forward" Women's Event
The Women’s Council meets every month on the 2nd Thursday at 11:30 pm. The Council members serve the women of FPC by organizing events which encourage us to grow in our relationship with Christ…and with one another. Our mission focus provides us with an opportunity to “go” and serve others outside our congregation…by modeling the love of Christ to the world.
If you are interested in serving on the council, please email or contact the church office.
There are many ways to use your gifts on the Council…leading, hospitality, communication, planning, teaching, or serving behind the scenes…just to name a few. As daughters of the King of Heaven, we are all equipped to serve our sisters in Christ.