Women in Ministry
Our Theme for 2020-2021
"Reimagining Life as
Women of the Word"
“ Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing
one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs,
with thankfulness in your hearts to God”
Colossians 3:16 (ESV)
Our Vision: Women Growing Together in Christ
Our Mission: To offer ENCOURAGEMENT and HOPE through the Holy Spirit for each woman, regardless of her circumstances, so she can:
- live confidently in Christ
- grow her faith through worship, prayer, study, and relationships
- encourage others to do the same
Whether you are a member of this church or the community at large, we would love to have you to join us in ministry!
Major Events for
FAll 2020 - Spring 2021
Story Tellers Live ~ Fall Fellowship Event
Women in Ministry invites you to join us on Sunday, October 18th at 7pm at the church for an evening of fellowship and encouragement.
Caron Schabort, a member of our FPC congregation, will share with us about how God’s faithfulness has played out in her life.
*As a reminder, attendees should wear masks until we find our seats and can maintain 6 feet apart.*
1. Amanda Davidson: Study on Revelation (this is a year long study) - Tuesdays at 8 am and 1:30 pm (there is a Zoom link for this time for those who would like to attend virtually). Please contact the church office or Amanda ( ) directly if you are planning to attend.
Circles: Until further notice we will not hold Morning or Evening Circles
1. Morning Circles meet the second Monday of the month in the homes of different women at 10:00 am. This is a very informal...coffee and tea may be served. This Circle began several years ago with much prayer and hope of bringing women of all ages into a relaxed, comfortable situation where they could get to know another as sisters in Christ. They are studying the book, The Greatest Words Ever Spoken, by Steven K. Scott. If you are interested in learning more about Morning Circles, please contact Carole Lawton at 706-291-7318.
2. Evening Circles meets at the church in the Fellowship Hall on the second Tuesday of the month at 6:30 pm. They will be studying, Two Minutes in the Bible Through Psalms: A 90 Day Devotional by Boyd Bailey and Mary Holcomb is the leader/teacher.
Annual Events - Until further notice all upcoming Women's Event have been cancelled
The Women’s Council meets every month on the 2nd Thursday at 1:30 pm. The Council members serve the women of FPC by organizing events which encourage us to grow in our relationship with Christ…and with one another. Our mission focus provides us with an opportunity to “go” and serve others outside our congregation…by modeling the love of Christ to the world.
If you are interested in serving on the council, please email or contact the church office.
There are many ways to use your gifts on the Council…leading, hospitality, communication, planning, teaching, or serving behind the scenes…just to name a few. As daughters of the King of Heaven, we are all equipped to serve our sisters in Christ.