Women in Ministry
Our Theme for 2019-2020 is "JOY"
“May the God of Hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.”
Our Vision: To see women GROWING and GOING in Christ
Our Mission: To offer ENCOURAGEMENT and HOPE through the Holy Spirit for each woman, regardless of her circumstances, so she can:
- live confidently in Christ
- grow her faith through worship, prayer, study, and relationships
- encourage others to do the same
Whether you are a member of this church or the community at large, we encourage you to join us in ministry!
Major Events for 2019-2020
1. The Whole Counsel of God: Loving the Old Testament - Amanda Davidson (begins Tuesday, January 7)
This class will be offered two different times on Tuesdays; 8 AM- 9 AM or 1:30 PM- 2:30 PM
This study is an overview of the Old Testament. (Location - Van Dyke Room)
1. Morning Circles meet the second Monday of the month in the homes of different women at 10:00 am. This is a very informal...coffee and tea may be served. This Circle began several years ago with much prayer and hope of bringing women of all ages into a relaxed, comfortable situation where they could get to know another as sisters in Christ. They are studying the book, The Greatest Words Ever Spoken, by Steven K. Scott. If you are interested in learning more about Morning Circles, please contact Carole Lawton at 706-291-7318.
2. Evening Circles meets at the church in the Fellowship Hall on the second Tuesday of the month at 6:30 pm. They will be studying, Two Minutes in the Bible Through Psalms: A 90 Day Devotional by Boyd Bailey and Mary Holcomb is the leader/teacher.
1. Women's Kick Off Event - August 25, 2019 during Sunday School hour
2. Clothes for a Cause Resale Event- Thursday, September 12 from 6 PM - 8 PM
Entry is $10.00 and includes light snacks, beverages, and a delightful shopping experience.
3. Women Decorate the Church for Christmas - December 2, 2019 at 9:00 AM
4. The Blessed Celebration - Wednesday, December 4, 2019 at 6:00 PM
Silent Auction will begin at 5:30 PM; Dinner promptly at 6 PM
Cost $10 please make your reservations here: Blessed Celebration Reservations
The Women’s Council meets every month on the 2nd Thursday at 1:30 pm. The Council members serve the women of FPC by organizing events which encourage us to grow in our relationship with Christ…and with one another. Our mission focus provides us with an opportunity to “go” and serve others outside our congregation…by modeling the love of Christ to the world.
If you are interested in serving on the council, please email or contact the church office.
There are many ways to use your gifts on the Council…leading, hospitality, communication, planning, teaching, or serving behind the scenes…just to name a few. As daughters of the King of Heaven, we are all equipped to serve our sisters in Christ.