Women in Ministry
Our Theme for 2019-2020 is "JOY"
“May the God of Hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.”
Our Vision: To see women GROWING and GOING in Christ
Our Mission: To offer ENCOURAGEMENT and HOPE through the Holy Spirit for each woman, regardless of her circumstances, so she can:
- live confidently in Christ
- grow her faith through worship, prayer, study, and relationships
- encourage others to do the same
Whether you are a member of this church or the community at large, we encourage you to join us in ministry!
Major Events for
FAll 2019 - Spring 2020
2. JOY - Steep Yourself in the Word of God - Social Media Discussion
Since we're not able to meet in person right now, we plan to share some insightful thoughts and articles over the next few weeks from the women who were prepared to teach on JOY this spring. We challenge you to read with us, engage with us and share with us as we all cling to the HOPE we have in Christ and the JOY that overflows when we fully and completely trust in Him! Follow us on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/womeninministry_fpc/
Circles: Until further notice we will not hold Morning or Evening Circles
1. Morning Circles meet the second Monday of the month in the homes of different women at 10:00 am. This is a very informal...coffee and tea may be served. This Circle began several years ago with much prayer and hope of bringing women of all ages into a relaxed, comfortable situation where they could get to know another as sisters in Christ. They are studying the book, The Greatest Words Ever Spoken, by Steven K. Scott. If you are interested in learning more about Morning Circles, please contact Carole Lawton at 706-291-7318.
2. Evening Circles meets at the church in the Fellowship Hall on the second Tuesday of the month at 6:30 pm. They will be studying, Two Minutes in the Bible Through Psalms: A 90 Day Devotional by Boyd Bailey and Mary Holcomb is the leader/teacher.
Annual Events - Until further notice all upcoming Women's Event have been cancelled
1. Women's Kick Off Event - August 30, 2020 during Sunday School hour
2. April 4 from 9am-12pm - Ruth and Naomi Work Day, more details to come.
2. Spring Event - April 30, 2020, Please look for more details to come.
3. Women Decorate the Church for Christmas - November 30, 2020 at 9:00 AM
4. The Blessed Celebration - Wednesday, December 2, 2020
Listen Now to Last Year's Service! The Good News is Great JOY! - Donna Evans
The Women’s Council meets every month on the 2nd Thursday at 1:30 pm. The Council members serve the women of FPC by organizing events which encourage us to grow in our relationship with Christ…and with one another. Our mission focus provides us with an opportunity to “go” and serve others outside our congregation…by modeling the love of Christ to the world.
If you are interested in serving on the council, please email or contact the church office.
There are many ways to use your gifts on the Council…leading, hospitality, communication, planning, teaching, or serving behind the scenes…just to name a few. As daughters of the King of Heaven, we are all equipped to serve our sisters in Christ.